Thursday, March 18, 2010

Juelz Santana Creates New York Anthem With Jadakiss, Fabolous & Lloyd Banks!




Harlem rapper Juelz Santana is focusing on drawing more attention to himself as he plans to work with artists who he feels are the best current rappers from New York for his upcoming New York anthem track which will be released on his Reagan Era mixtape.

Juelz looked to rappers Lloyd Banks, Fabolous, and Jadakiss to represent for their city while using a sample from Estelle's American Boy.

"We got another record for the mixtape that record's actually got me, Fabolous, Jadakiss and Banks on it. We took the Estelle sample from American Boy that goes 'Take me to New York' and kept repeating that. I sent it to everybody that I felt could kill it, which was me, Fab, Banks and Jada."

Juelz is confident that his mixtape will be worth the wait and hopes to do another collabo with only him and Lloyd Banks since their first track Beamer, Benz, or Bentley has received successful commentary.

"The beat is so unique, and then you got two artists that have never done a record before. And it's a record that people would like to hear. It's a hood record and we was both spitting on there, me and Banks gonna have to do another one together with just me and him. That record is crazy. That Reagan Era is gonna be a problem -- that's why I been taking my time strategically building up. I think now is a better time. Every day I'm drawing more attention to myself."


COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment