Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drake Announces Upcoming Tour & Album Release Date!


After blazing his way up the Billboard charts, and performing at the Grammy's with the likes of Lil Wayne and Eminem, Young Money signee Drake has officially announced the release date for his debut album, Thank Me Later.

The highly anticipated release will hit stores on May 25. Despite being his first album, the Canadian rapper has developed a lot of buzz since he dropped the So Far Gone mixtape what seems so long ago. The former actor has been hard at work for the past few months to finish the upcoming album and the first single titled Over is already in heavy rotation.

In a recent interview, Drake talked about the collaborations, explaining that there is a method behind his selection.

"I really don't bank on collaborations unless it makes sense," Drake said.

"If I get people's verses back and they don't coincide with the vision I have, I'll do the whole album by myself. I'm not really worried about the special guests. It's about linking to me and my story. There's people that just add to my story."

The project will include noteworthy features from Kanye West, The-Dream, Jay-Z, and Sean Garrett.

Drake is also getting ready for his Away From Home Tour which kicks off on April 6.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment