Monday, March 29, 2010

Alexis Jordan Signs To Jay-Z's Roc Nation!

After appearing on America's Got Talent in 2007 and not taking home the victory, South Carolina's Alexis Jordan kept striving and since then has made numerous YouTube videos singing over B.o.B.'s Nothing On You, Omarion's Speeding, and Jay-Z's Run This Town. Her singing abilities captured the attention of production team Stargate and since then has inked a deal with Jay-Z's Roc Nation.

"I thought if they didn't love me then they wouldn't fly me all the way out to New York. I knew I had a good chance. Once I got out there we recorded a few songs and Jay-Z came to the studio. I was so excited! And the next thing I knew I was signed to StarRoc/Roc Nation."

Speaking on her debut album, 17 year old Alexis Jordan wants to sing positive music and be a role model for her young listeners. Her first single Happiness is an up tempo ballad and her album will follow the same format.

"I want to be really positive, no cussing, none of that. I'm a young artist and I want to be a role model. A lot of songs are upbeat and some are ballads. There's a little bit of that country vibe in it, and a little bit of that reggae vibe. My album has everything."

Alexis Jordan offered a preview of her new single Happiness on YouTube.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment