Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jay-Z Explains "The Blueprint" Trilogy!



During a recent interview with Billboard, New York rapper Jay-Z revealed the thought process behind The Blueprint trilogy and explained why there was a gap between Blueprint II and Blueprint III.

"I wanted the Blueprint series to be a trilogy because of what it represented," Hova said.

"The first Blueprint was the soul samples I grew up on, my blueprint. Then The Blueprint 2 was me searching for all the different types of music I like. But I ain't have a reason to do the third one, so I didn't do it for a while. But it was just fitting right now where I am in my career for me to set the Blueprint for my next journey."

Blueprint 3, Hova's eleventh studio album, was released on September 8 of last year, and sold 476,000 copies in its first week. Empire State Of Mind, the third single released from the album, was Jay-Z's first single to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, where he was listed as the lead artist.

View the footage from the interview below. The clip also appears in his Absolut Vodka concert series documentary, NY-Z, which made its premiere on Monday (March 22) via Absolut's Facebook page.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment