Thursday, April 15, 2010

Soulja Boy Searching For Talented Unknown Producers; Preps New Album!

As entrepreneur and rapper Soulja Boy is preparing to release his third studio album titled Dre, he will continue to think outside of the box as he is looking to the streets for raw talented producers instead of established producers to work on his album. Although Soulja Boy got his break by producing his own material, he feels that it may be another talented unknown producer out there that can contribute to his project.

"I usually produce all of my own records. My most successful record was 100-percent me -- I wrote and produced it. I've been producing for myself and I'm starting to get more respect; having parties reach out and ask me for beats. I want to change up my thing a bit and I know even with the talent I got, there are some things that I can't do that other producers can bring to the table...I keep my ear to the street. I like to play it by ear and I don't rate another producer because of his stats. If I hear a hot beat in the street that I can get versus a wack beat from a hot named producer; which one I'ma do?"

Dre will be the follow up to Soulja Boy's 2008 album iSouljaBoyTellem and will take a different route than his previous albums as this is said to be his most personal album. It will be released this upcoming summer and features collaborations with teen sensation Justin Bieber, Trey Songz, and Nicki Minaj just to name a few.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

1 comment: