Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lloyd Banks Is A Fan Of Nicki Minaj's Barbie Movement!

While Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj can't seem to catch a break from some of her female peers she has earned the respect from many of her male peers such as Jay-Z, Ruff Ryder's Drag-On, and most recently Lloyd Banks. When the G-Unit rapper was asked which female artist he was feeling the most between Lil Kim, Trina, and Nicki Minaj, he chose Nicki because of her massive Barbie movement.

"Yeah, I like her as an artist. We came up in the same era, we were around the same age so I'm pretty sure one of her influences was probably Lil Kim and nothing is really reminding of the impact Kim had, since Nicki came. To have a concert and have a hundred Nickies in the front row... not too many new artists come and have a following like that. So you definitely have to acknowledge that."

In other news, Nicki Minaj recently released her first single from her debut album called Massive Attack which features producer Sean Garrett. The video was released nationwide last night (March 31) and featured cameo appearances from Drake and model Amber Rose.

Although her album was scheduled for release as early as March 2010, Minaj doesn't see the reason to rush the project. She stated she didn't feel pressured to prematurely release the album..

"I'm a perfectionist and I want this buzz to really meet/surpass everyone's expectation of the people that support me. You got so many people that don't support you, but to the one's that do, they look at me and they see big things and I don't wanna disappoint them. To say I don't have pressure, I'd be lying. I do. I feel it all the time. I feel like I have to make this a masterpiece.

COURTESSY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment