Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lil Wayne Launches Website From Prison; Pens Open Letter To Fans!

n an effort to stay in the minds and hearts of his fans, incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne launched a website on Friday (April 2). He will use WeezyThanxYou.com to respond to letters that he has received from fans, to give updates on his prison stay, and to resume his commentary on the world of sports via his blog with ESPN.

In the first letter Wayne reveals that he has been passing the time by working out and reading the Bible.

"I work out a lot because it helps pass the time," wrote Weezy. "I read the Bible every day. Jail didn't make me find God, he's always been there. They can lock me up, but my spirit and my love can never be confined to prison walls."

Wayne also takes the time to thank his fans for their loyal support and for their help in making his last album, Rebirth, a success, despite it not being well received by critics.

"But this isn't all about me," he wrote. "You are the reason for this letter. It's because of you Rebirth went gold when critics aborted it. It's because of you Young Money is and will always be a movement."

Addressing individual letters sent to him, Weezy wrote to Mia Edwards of Southern California, "I wish you nothing but the best for you. Earning your Masters in Library and Information Science is beautiful. I'll keep you in mind whenever I decide to do an autobiography on my life."

"Your letter was so thoughtful and sincere. The way you worded everything left me in awe. Please send suggestions on books I should read. I look forward to checking them out," he wrote to Nurris Terrero from New York.

The site also features a countdown to his release date and fans can purchase Free Weezy T-Shirts.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment