Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kelly Rowland Working On Third Solo Album!

Former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland is reportedly back in the studio and hard at work on her forthcoming disco-themed third studio album.

As for her inspiration for the project, Rowland says she was influenced by Donna Summer and Diana Ross.

"I'm trying to take a page from the amazing books of Donna Summer and Diana Ross," she said to the UK's Daily Star. "They were so powerful and glam on stage and such a voice for women. I look to them to take inspiration from and then thought of a way to make it my own. I'm also taking inspiration from my peers like Will.I.Am, who I think has done a great job."

So far the songstress has linked up with singer/songwriter Ne-Yo and David Guetta, but she would also like to collaborate with Diddy on the album as well.

"Ne-Yo has written songs for me. It makes me so happy because they are incredible. He thinks about the story and the artist. He wants to talk about where they are mentally," she said while talking about Ne-Yo's writing process.

"Will.I.Am and I have spoken and he's making time for little old me. He's just as excited to get in the studio as I am. David Guetta's on the record and we had to go back to our formula because that worked so well for me. I also want to get Diddy on the album too. It's a great list of people and the record has come together so beautifully."

The still untitled album, which will be released later this year, will be Rowland's first project on Universal Motown.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment