Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jennifer Lopez Signs With Island Def Jam!

This past Wednesday (March 31), Jennifer Lopez confirmed news that she recently signed to Island Def Jam Records. Earlier this year, the actress/singer left Epic Records, her former label home of 11 years, despite plans to release an album through them later this month on April 10.

While talking to Britain's Daily Mirror about the move, Lopez said: "I feel like it's a new beginning. It's a bit like when I was a teenager about to embark on this career but it's much more challenging, difficult and harder. I have so much more experience now but I feel just as fresh as I did back then and I'm excited about my life."

Lopez also revealed that she doesn't plan to retire anytime soon. "I won't stop doing what I do," she said. "Maybe I'll get to a point where I'm tired and feel I've done enough, but right now I see myself always working and expressing myself -- whether in music or movies or fashion or whatever. That's what I love to do."

Recent reports also suggest that Def Jam's Label head, L.A. Reid will serve as executive producer of Lopez's upcoming album Love?, which is expected to be released this summer.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment