Monday, April 26, 2010

Lloyd Banks Talks Signing With Def Jam & New Book!

Following the success of his hit song Beamer, Benz ,or Bentley, Lloyd Banks is in high demand. The G-Unit rapper was reportedly receiving phone calls from his former label, Interscope Records, and now Def Jam has allegedly entered into the bidding war.

While talking to PosseTV, Banks broke the news on his current prospects and said that he will weigh all of his options before he makes a decision.

"I mean yeah, they been reaching out, Interscope and a few other labels [like] Def Jam. At this point man, like I said, I've been completely independent, we've sold over 200,000 units already through iTunes -- at this point, whatever makes sense, is the deal I'll go with," said Banks.

"If it makes more sense to stay where I'm at, then I'll stay and be independent. If they drop that big bag, then we can talk. I don't ever want to shut no doors out so we'll see what happens in the near future."

Aside from working on his forthcoming album, Banks is also looking to release a book later this year. While he didn't get into the specifics on whether or not the book would be fiction or nonfiction, Banks did say that he is already considering releasing more books in the future.

"I've already started [writing my own book] and hopefully I'll be done with that by the end of the year," he revealed. "It's definitely something I want to look into and not just a one time thing. It's something I want to do in the future, a lot."

Banks' upcoming album, The Hunger For More 2, is expected to have a summer release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment