Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wiz Khalifa Speaks On Drug Arrest!

Wiz Khalifa recently opened up about his drug arrest in North Carolina last week and according to the Pittsburgh rapper, he now understands that the more famous he becomes the more of a target he will be.

“They want to try to scare you or make an example out of you before you get too far into what you’re doing,” said Wiz to MTV News. “When I started doing what I was doing [in the music industry], I was ready for it. Just being from where I’m from, I was already a target on a small scale. But as I build up and become more nationally known, that scale just gets larger.”

Asked about how his mother reacted to his arrest, he said, “She was worried, but she knows the risk that I run, and I been her son forever. So this might be new to some people, but in any situation, my mom is right there sticking with me throughout…She knows there would be all types of other people coming down on me, so she wanted me to be good personally by keeping my spirits up and laughing and joking.”

The MC is facing two felony charges for trafficking and marijuana storage and one misdemeanor for drug paraphernalia but during an interview with Shade 45’s Angela Yee didn’t seem too worried about facing any jail time. He even debunked rumors that suggested that he was looking into a plea deal.

“I should be okay. Trees aren’t that bad,” he asserted.

Wiz will release his debut album with Atlantic Records next year. The lead single off of the effort, Black and Yellow, is already at the number 29 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.

YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment