Thursday, November 18, 2010

Beenie Man and Friends!

Dancehall artiste Beenie Man has completed his latest project which he has dubbed Beenie Man and Friends.

On the project, the Doctor does eight combination songs with different artistes such as Khago, D'Angel, Ding Dong, Fambo, Deva Bratt, Kantana, Versatile, Cee Gee and Laden.

In a press release sent to THE STAR, Beenie said, "No other artiste in the business has ever tried anything like this before. I am writing, arranging and co-producing every song on the rhythm, and I am also performing on every song on the rhythm."

He continued, "The only thing I haven't done is build the rhythm, that was done by Danny Browne."

"I plan to shoot a video for the single called Time of My Life with D'Angel, and a medley video with all the others. I already have the concept in my head, it is going to be sick," he said.

the project

The project has always been in the his mind as he said, "It is something I had always wanted to do, but I just didn't have the courage to do it at the time. So I just sat down and did it and it all came together."

Getting Bounty Killer on board, he said, is also in the making, "Ah mi friend still but is too much drama to get him to actually voice. Serani voice already, Mavado said he will voice, but I cannot wait on them. In fact, it is up to Bounty, Elephant and Kartel if they want to be on it, mi reach out to them already," he said.

The recently released project has been getting good airplay on local radio stations. Beenie Man will be leaving the island today for a two-week tour of the African continent, which will see him performing in Freetown, Sierra Leone, as well as Johannesburg and Cape Town in South Africa.

THE JAMAICA STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment