Friday, July 30, 2010

Richie Loop psyched by Sumfest performance!

As he prepares for appearances as a Smirnoff ambassador for this coming Dream Weekend, Richie Loop was this week still savouring his break-out performance
on Reggae Sumfest, dancehall's biggest stage.

From all accounts the rapidly rising entertainer did nothing to hurt his cause when he performed on International Night. This during the same week when his hit song, My Cupp, was named the Hot Pick of the Week on the Heineken World Charts show. In short, the past few days have been especially good for Scikron/Big Yard's newest shining star.

"The impression I got for Sumfest was, wow," Loop said, as he prepared to start working on a new rhythm in his 'lab' at Big Yard on Tuesday night. "Seeing that I am not that experienced at performing, I got remarkable feedback," he said.

In what has been described as a very good debut performance Richie Loop performed his hit song My Cupp, Cupp Cupp, Party Time, All I Really Know, Gal Whine and Me Want Me Own, creating a party atmosphere for the thousands in attendance. Richie said when he left the stage he went in search of Livingston (his manager) eager to find out how well he did. He was pleased with the critique. "Good one," he said Livingston told him.

But his manager's words weren't the only words of praise he received. "Members of the media and others from other countries expressed an interest in having me perform overseas," he said, his tired eyes brightening at the recollection. "People were handing me cards telling me they wanted me to perform in Canada, Cayman, Trinidad and other countries."

Richie Loop believes his Sumfest performance now sets the bar for his performances from this point on. "Every time you step on stage you have to make sure you entertain the crowd. Me, at Sumfest was me just being myself, enjoying myself and entertaining the crowd," he said, adding that he was thankful to the promoters for giving him the opportunity as well as his support team who helped him do so well.

He also believes his performance will show people that there is much more to him than meets the eye. "I want people to know that I am not a one-hit wonder or just a laid back guy who doesn't know how to work a stage. I am a fun guy at the studio and on the stage and I just want people to enjoy the music," he said. "It will only get better from here."

THE JAMAICA STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment