Friday, July 2, 2010

Protoje plans to bring it to Reggae Sumfest!

It has been less than a year since fast-rising reggae artiste Protoje dropped his first official single. Two singles and two music videos later, the talented artiste, who hails from the parish of St Elizabeth, is being hailed by many industry insiders as an artiste to watch.

Protoje's roots-influenced sound, along with his easy-going swagger, has caught the attention of many reggae fans, locally and overseas.

On Friday, July 22nd, Protoje will perform on the biggest event of his career when he makes his debut appearance at Reggae Sumfest 2010 on International Night 1.

"I feel very excited, because I have been going to Sumfest since I was a child. I have seen so many artistes at Sumfest that have inspired me a lot, so it will be an honour to perform on the festival," he said.

serious mark

Protoje also hinted that he intends to make a serious mark on the event, saying: "I am gonna give the Sumfest crowd some good music, dub and root vibes, dem thing deh. I and my band have been performing a lot over the last 12 months, and the people seem to love what we have been doing. So I am looking to bring more of the same good music and dub vibes to the Sumfest crowd, I know they will love it."

Protoje is currently busy in the studio completing his debut album under the guidance of ace producer Donovan 'Don Corleon' Bennett.

JAMAICA STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment