Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Young Money Takes Over; Lil Wayne Congratulates His Camp!

With proven results of realization, Young Money’s success flooded the BET Awards 2010 this weekend. While rocking her rare orange hair, Nicki Minaj graced the stage while accepting her Best Female Hip Hop Artist award. Minaj gave Wayne credit for predicting her success, and thanked him for the tough love and believing in her.

“This is for Dwayne Carter,” Nicki said while holding up her trophy. As Drake humbly accepted his award with the entire Young Money camp behind him, he thanked God, his mother, Lil Wayne considering him his hero, and most important the fans.

The incarcerated rapper applauds his Young Money camp for their outstanding achievements at the 2010 BET Awards. Weezy also reaches out to his fans by updating them on his well being and thanking them for continued support on his official blog.

“I hope everyone’s summer has been going well doing whatever it is you like to do. On my end, I’m alive, breathing and blessed. You already know how I’m passing the time -- reading and working out. I know I say it every letter, but thank you from the bottom of my heart for the pictures, rocking free Weezy tees, and continues letters. They mean the world. I promise to continue to update as much as I can and answer as many questions as I can from you guys. Shout out to my YM family for making me proud last night. Love and appreciate life. God bless,” he wrote.

In an exclusive interview with AllHipHop, Drake spoke on Young Money and their ability to thrive without Weezy. Since his gun conviction and one-year sentence, Young Money has managed to stay afloat.

“His approach with his artists is very trusting, very fearless, and because of that, we have been put out into the world like trying to make people love us for who we are on our own, without Wayne,” Drake explained.

“So with Wayne gone, it’s possible for me and her [Nicki Minaj] to still thrive. I think that’s the best approach and I respect Wayne so much, because he urged us to be ourselves maybe in anticipation for the day that he’s not here. So we can still be ourselves without him. I don’t need Wayne to be Drake. I’m a better Drake when Wayne is here, but I don’t need Wayne to be Drake. Nicki doesn’t need Wayne to be Nicki. She created Nicki [Minaj]. We’re all a better team when he’s here, but it’s not a necessity. For us, it’s a great thing so we can still carry this movement,” Drake confidently stated.

YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment