Friday, June 11, 2010

Chino hits big in Japan!

Dancehall artiste Chino's work has been doing well not only in the local, US and European markets, but also in Japan.

Chino, who is known for hits like From Mawning (Never Change), Pon Yuh Head, Protected, Ruff It Up,We Nuh Like Dem featuring Di Genius, Before Dem Gone and others, was chosen as the first dancehall-reggae artiste to have his work featured on one of Japan's biggest ringtone sites, Recochoku.

The site, which normally features international artistes, including Lady Gaga, Jay-Z and other musical giants in their international section, is a website where fans are able to download music to their cellphones or computers. While some songs are offered free of cost, others are for sale.

Chino is no stranger to the Japanese market. In 2007, he released his debut album Unstoppable there, where it peaked as the fourth-best reggae album in Japan.

Now, Chino is ready to rumble again. He has already recorded a Japanese version of the hit From Mawning for the upcoming Japanese album titled Never Change.

"Right now, I'm trying to be as meticulous as I can and work as hard as I can to get to the point where, when I'm older, I can look back and say I definitely made a great impact on reggae and dancehall music. So, hearing that the songs are continuing to do really well in the Japanese market is something I'm definitely happy about. My friends and fans in Japan can look out for me soon, really soon, for the release of the album; and right after that, I will be heading to the US for the release of the US album," he said.

best of the best

In addition, Chino, whose correct name is Daniel McGregor, returned to the island from Canada earlier this week after a great performance in Miami at the Best of The Best concert, followed by his appearance in New York at the Celebrity Football Match the next day.

The show in Toronto was called 'Best Of Both Worlds' and was held at the Koolhaus nightclub. The night's performances featured Chino, Laden, I Wayne and Coco Tea.

COURTESY OF THE JAMAICA STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment