Friday, May 7, 2010

Yung Joc Signs New Recording Deal!

Southern rapper Yung Joc has reportedly signed a new recording contract. He had been without a recording home following his departure from Bad Boy last year, but he is now setting up shop with Polo Grounds/RCA Music Group. Joc also scored a production deal that will allow him to discover and develop new talent through Battery/Jive Records.

“It is my pleasure and honor to announce my affiliation and new partnership with Polo Grounds/RCA Music Group and Battery/Jive Records,” said Joc in a statement. “Now I can actually work and not wonder if I’m going to be held back from building my own brand as well as the Swagg Team brand. I’m very excited to work with this team.”

In regards to the label’s newest artist, Bryan Leach, President of Polo Grounds, said: “Joc is a triple threat. As an artist, executive, and personality, he is now entering a higher phase of his career and I’m happy to play a part in it. I feel with Pitbull, Yo Gotti, and now Yung Joc, Polo Grounds has an amazing front line of smart, talented, hungry artists that will continue to show why it’s still all about making hit records and outworking everyone else.”

Joc is currently hard at work on his forthcoming third studio album, which as of now is titled Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood. The LP is scheduled to be released later this year.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment