Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gucci Mane Released From Jail; Makes Official Statement!

Southern rapper Gucci Mane was released from Fulton County, Georgia jail last night (May 11) at midnight, and without missing a step, he read a statement to the small crowd that had assembled outside the jailhouse. Taking responsibility for his actions, Gucci revealed that his six month term allowed him time to think, and he hopes to move forward as a role model for youth.

“These past six months have been a difficult time but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience,” he said. “I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming back with a new attitude towards life.”

Gucci also admitted that the jail sentence, which came right around the period of his major label debut album, The State vs. Radric Davis, was ill-timed and ultimately effected what should have been the highlight of his career thus far.

“Unfortunately, my incarceration also came at a pivotal point in my career, just as my first major label album was dropping,” he stated. “I was forced to miss what should have been one of the proudest moments of my life. This is something I will make sure never happens again. My time in jail was trying, but I grew from it and I am now a stronger and better person. I want to continue on a positive track and truly focus on being a role model to my fans and community.”

Gucci went to on talk about his new record label, 1017 Brick Squad Records, which is being distributed through Asylum/Warner Bros Records, and confirmed that he is working with a new team of people.

Now that he is free he will turn his attention to his forthcoming album, The State vs. Radric Davis: The Appeal, which will be another mark in his journey to become the top rapper in Hip-Hop.

“The rap game is in need of substance right now…I’m ready to compete, so my the competition begin. I set out five years ago to be the #1 rapper in Hip-Hop. Today that journey continues with an even sharper focus. I challenge all artists to put out the best music they ever made this summer. I will accept nothing less than victory, but I still want worthy opponents,” he proclaimed.

COURTESY OF YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment