Saturday, September 11, 2010

Serani completes successful shows in US over the weekend!

Dancehall maestro Serani completed a very successful weekend in the United States for Labour Day weekend, starting with a benefit concert in Brooklyn for Haiti, followed by a show-stealing performance at HOT 97's On Da Reggae Tip.

"I think my performance surprised some people because I think they might not know how hard and how often I've been working," said Serani in a release. "I've been pretty much touring straight for two years, non-stop and I've worked really hard at my stage craft. We've also been focusing on markets that could be described as non-traditional for dancehall acts and really been trying to break those as well. I've been to Europe three times already this year, so we're just trying to get the music
out there on a wide scale. Every artiste did very well at On Da Reggae Tip and it was a great platform for me to showcase how far I have come."

After rocking a Spanish club in Queens after Friday night's Reggae Tip show, Serani made the dash from New York to Orlando for the inaugural staging of Reggae Fest at the prestigious Hard Rock Café inside Universal Studios. Performing alongside Shaggy, Rupee, Barrington Levy, Gyptian and others, Serani gave another performance that had the packed venue singing along to his songs.

Trekking back to New York on the Sunday, Serani appeared at BB Kings for Bobby Konders and Jabba, before demolishing Webstar Hall for a show hosted by HOT 97's Mr Cee.

Serani then joined a host of Jamaican acts on Monday's West Indian Labour Day Parade through the streets of Brooklyn, that attracts a crowd estimated to be in excess of one million people.

Serani leaves for the United Kingdom and Europe this month for several shows, before appearing at Miami Carnival in October.

THE JAMAICA STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment