Friday, September 10, 2010

Nicki Minaj Talks "Marriage" To Drake!

In an interview last weekend with Atlanta’s own DJ Drama on Hot 107.9 radio station, Nicki Minaj discussed her “marriage” to Young Money label-mate Drake, BET’s My Mic Sounds Nice special, and the upcoming release of her debut album, Pink Friday.

Barbz and Drakettes around the world wept when Nicki and Drake announced their “marriage” via Twitter, which was “annulled” nearly one day later, two weeks ago.

Minaj told DJ Drama that Drake is like her little brother, “We were just being mischievous...I wanted to give the blogs a little payback.” She went on to say, “I think boys are yucky”; a statement that will surely have gossip sites buzzing about her sexuality.

Being the focus of many online best female in Hip-Hop debates, Minaj was also very verbal about the premiere of BET’s special My Mic Sounds Nice in which female rappers of the past and present discussed the importance of females in the male dominant rap world. Although Minaj was not one of the females interviewed her presence in Hip-Hop was discussed. Lady of Rage described her as Missy, Kim, and Eve combined while underground rapper Tiye Pheonix condemned the rapper stating, “Females, like myself, we in the underground paying dues. We committed.” To that Minaj told Drama, “People almost forget that you were an underground struggling artist at one time...Boo, I grinded for the last 7 years of my life and I’m not gonna feel guilty for anything I’m getting right now”.

Overall, Minaj is excited about her debut album, Pink Friday, releasing November 23 and the praise she’s received on her verse of Kanye West’s song Monster, “I just been blessed with being on a song with 2 living legends...I’m happy that people think I murdered the record”.

YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment