Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ja Rule: 'My Downfall Is Caused By 50 Cent'!

In a recent interview for VIBE, Ja Rule explained why he went from leading the charts and selling over 6 million units with his third album Pain Is Love, published in 2001, to a downfall that barely allowed him to reach the charts. According to what the former Murda Inc. rapper said, 50 Cent and the beef between them was the major cause of Rule’s fall.

Regardless of his lack of success since Pain Is Love, Ja Rule says he has never lacked support from the music industry. “I've been getting support from basically everybody in the industry. Nobody has really been unsupportive of me at all. I think a lot of people may not openly be around and vouch for me, but nobody has not taken my calls. While I was feeling on the outside, I still felt like I was on the inside, you feel me? A lot of artists out there made me feel real warm and let me know, 'Nigga, you still that nigga. You put it down.' A lot of artists are good with me.”

Ja moves on to discuss the new rap generation and who are his favorite artists at the moment. “I like Drake. I like Nicki [Minaj]. I like the dude Tyga, that’s on the Chris Brown mixtape. I like J. Cole, he doing his thing. I even like Soulja Boy. The little nigga smart, man. He make his records and do his thing, ain’t bothering nobody. It’s too much hate in this game. Hate is for suckas, man.”

Ja Rule will release his newest album, The Renaissance Project, at the end of 2010.

YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment