Sunday, December 5, 2010

Drake Calls Grammy Nods 'A Dream Come True'!

Drake recently revealed his reaction to being nominated for four Grammy awards and according to the Canadian MC, the opportunity to win one of the awards is “a dream come true.” He can still vividly remember thinking about getting a Grammy nod early on in his career when he was an actor on Degrassi and now it is close to being a reality.

“It’s always, to get any type of Grammy accolade or anything, it’s cliche but it’s a dream come true in the literal sense, that you having between sleeping and waking up,” said Drake while talking to GlobalGrind.

“That time spent I used to think about being on the stage and being able to thank the people that have done so much for me in my life. And I remember the first time I went to the Grammy Awards and I looked at the set up of it at The Kodak Theater and it was like man, this is very similar to the dream I’ve been having since the Degrassi days.”

Adding, “I knew it was a night I could let the people know -- the people in my life know -- how much they have done [for] me. To have four opportunities to have that chance is incredible.”

The Young Money rapper is up for Best Rap Album for Thank Me Later, Best New Artist, Best Rap Solo Performance for Over and Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group for Fancy with T.I. and Swizz Beatz.

In other news, Drake is scheduled to host the 2011 Juno Awards in his hometown of Toronto, Canada next year.

YORAPS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment